Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your power bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or cooling.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Girard and keeping costs lower.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is a definite advantage for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of several other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and move the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right solution for your house. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.