It’s frosty outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.