How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many fumes that could be within your Girard residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from home fixtures, flooring and paints. Not a one of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-269-7235 right away to begin shielding your home against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be an emergency, so it’s not something to joke about.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is deadly because you can’t observe it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in low doses and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can creep into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a house, carbon monoxide could become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in clean air, it requires five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. It requires an extra five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses

The gas can also cause conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several precautions you can do to keep your home safe:

  1. Every residence with at least one gas heater, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You need to have a sensor on every level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-269-7235 to get one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you presently own a carbon monoxide detector, consistently test or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor goes off, leave your residence right away and call 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your loved ones can be safe from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-269-7235 to learn more.