Building a new house? Upgrading your present system? Whatever the reason why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you could quickly come to the conclusion that you have more options than you originally thought. Use this guide to help you weigh four different solutions so you can find the right air conditioner in Girard.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people think of when they envision air conditioning for the complete residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps operate much like central air conditioners. Many models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in an area with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t have (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this constant well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You desire a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is an additional style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be right for you if:
- Your house, or a new addition to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your residence.
Not sure which type of air conditioner you should buy? Rely on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for everything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you pick the right one for your home. Please contact us estimate now.