Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several factors to consider, plus the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you install both components together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can avoid the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at peak efficiency, making your house cozier and lowering your monthly utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the cost of replacing your full system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 330-269-7235 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.