Prevention is the most crucial place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Girard.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, including your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.