Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by not enough oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is lethal at high levels or with long exposure.